Thursday, August 28, 2003

Improving Sales Cycles
================

When customers aren't buying, you need to ask yourself some important questions:

1. What do my customers care about? What would I want in their shoes?

2. What are customers spending money on that I am currently not providing?

3. How can I provide better value for my customers?

4. How can I take off my inwardly focused set of filters and put on my customer set of filters? How can I walk in the shoes of the customers?

5. Can I add value to my product and service by acquiring other technologies, adding other services, changing sales and business models to match customer needs?

In some cases, you are going to be able to increase your value proposition for your customers and increase your sales.

In other cases, you are going to have to do something new to grow your business.

Expectations
----------------

Sometimes the problem in getting customers to buy is your own set of expectations. In high tech, if you expect purchases to take a long time, they probably will. But if you ask the question: "How can I close customers in two weeks?" you often end up with different ways of running your business.

For an example of this kind of analysis take a look at the white paper

Selling next generation solutions on www.eclicktick.com


Alistair Davidson
www.eclicktick.com

No comments: